NJORD Law Firm
NJORD, an international law firm with an international atmosphere, provides commercial advice to meet the challenges of domestic and Scandinavian clients. That’s why the company embraces Nordic concepts as a strategic guide, applying them to its services, expertise, culture and tasks.
NJORD Law Firm’s Real Estate team handles most of the foreclosure auctions in Denmark on behalf of a sizable number of high-profile clients. The team also advises on all the phases of a construction project, including procurement, transactions and projects, not to mention the mortgaging of real estate, to all market entrants. The team also counts experts on environmental and real estate tax law.
In addition to advising leading players in the property market, including local authority and private real estate companies, the team provides legal advisory services in complicated real estate transactions and other real estate matters.
Over many years, NJORD has acquired extensive expertise in both major international construction projects and local, small-scale ones. The firm has a highly specialised team that advises foreign contractors when entering the extremely active Danish construction industry. What is more, the team advises in all phases of a project, from tender review of a company and project setup to disputes and employment law.
For example, NJORD offers legal advice and expert feedback on:
- Preliminary contract negotiations between the contractor and the developer
- Construction defects and/or delays
- Assessment of contract terms
- Insurance and tax-related matters
- Dispute resolution and mediation
- Renting and other types of right of use
- Parcellation and property development
- Transfer of property
- Environmental and planning legislation
- Purchase and sale of property
- Assistance concerning the financing of new development projects
- Property development and all related contracts